Sunday, August 07, 2005

Red Boat With Blue Sails by Odilon Redon




Odilon Redon has been among my favorite artists since I first saw one of his paintings in the Art Institute in Washington, D.C. in the seventies. I simply couldn't walk away from it. Stood there, as if my feet were glued to the floor. I later received a book of his work as a gift from a friend who went with me that day and discovered a whole new world of art. Of course, the subject in this one is close to my heart.

To see a huge collection of his work, click HERE

5 comments:

Pris said...

Hmm...I don't know if art posts don't go over well or if nobody likes Redon. Help? Talk to me.

Pris

mouse said...

Oh Pris I too think it's beautiful! Riding somewhere between Turner and Van Gogh on a sea of dreams.

Pris said...

You described it perfectly!

Michael Parker said...

Hi Pris. This is an excellent painting. I love it! Awhile back, you sent me a link to view some paintings. I've been too busy lately and forgot about it until just now. IS this the painter you wanted me to check out? Redon?

And Mouse, your description is so perfect. I love that.

Pris said...

Hi Michael
I'm glad you like this one. REdon is so special in his art. In the book I have, he has sketches of guant men who are almost identical to the men Picasso painted in his Blue Period, except Redon's work preceeded Picasso. I had always thought Picasso was an original by then.

The link I sent. It wasn't Redon, since I just found this great link. Now I can't remember WHO I sent, I like so many contemporary artists, too. I think I sent a link to one of them. I checked my sent mail and don't have it anymore.

Darn.