Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dido



I first heard Dido sing in Love, Actually. I didn't know the song or singer, but loved that music. Here are the first lyrics of that song, but it's the music that's the thing. Listen to it somewhere if you can.



Here With Me

I didn’t hear you leave
I wonder how am I still here
I don’t want to move a thing
It might change my memory
Oh I am what I am
I’ll do what I want
But I can’t hide
I won’t go
I won’t sleep
I can’t breathe
Until you’re resting here with me
I won’t leave
I can’t hide
I cannot be
Until you're resting here with me .....and so on

Just found a sampler of her singing at Amazon.com
Well worth the listen!

Read more about Dido at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The article begins...

Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle Armstrong (born December 25, 1971 in London) is an English pop singer who performs under her name "Dido" which contrary to belief is not a nickname.

Dido is partly of French descent. Her mother, Claire, is a French poet and her father is British book publisher William Armstrong. At the age of six, she attended the Guildhall School of Music in London, England. By the time she reached her teens she had already mastered piano, violin, and recorder. She has now also learnt guitar, playing it to audiences during her 2004 Life For Rent tour.

She is perhaps best known for her 2001 hit song "Thank You", which was used by the rapper Eminem as the basis for one of his own hit singles, "...use the link to continue



Pris

5 comments:

Geoff Sanderson said...

Pris - she doesn't have to sing - just lie there and look like that. Hhhhrrrr :-)

Pris said...

I could've predicted that response, oh horned English friend lol.

I don't think there's a listening link on Amazon, but will see. I'd say listen, but I know you and Jill don't like rock. She IS so mellow, tho

Pris said...

Oh, you're lucky. She's so good!

Berenice said...

She is amazing isn't she!!

Pris said...

Everybody seems to have known of her before I did:-)