Saturday, October 01, 2005

Featuring Kit Wilson of Katikati, NZ

Kit Wilson has had a spot on my guest page on my website for several years now. While his creativity is focused far more on his video work, his graphics and work in the community, he has the eyesight of a poet, too. This is one of the poems from his page. Thanks, Kit, for sharing your razor sharp humor with me throughout the years.
****************

The Long Way Home


I try to write
about sunshine kissing your face
and
the luminous touch of your skin at night.

I try to write about
bodies moving in sensual unison
and
how the smell of your hair makes me cry.

Like poets do.

Alliterative adjectives and clever construction seem empty artifice.
They fail to fulfill and they fall away.

Words cannot begin to convey even
the most unremarkable aspects of who we are.

By way of example:
What sentences suffice as I stare in fascination at the imprint
your head leaves on a morning pillow
and dust motes dance in your passing.
What words come close to the inconsequential incomparable knowingness
Of a simple sidelong glance.


This is the now on which the universe of us is built.

Solid.

Soft.

Unspoken.

Lost in thought
I take the long way home.


Kit Wilson
(c)2001
Dedicated to my wife, Sue Baker Wilson. She is my sunshine, my way home.

No comments: