Monday, November 30, 2009

The Bomb...a great poetry project by S.A. Griffin!



I just submitted. Love the idea. If you're a friend on facebook, you'll find The Bomb among my fan pages. Submit ONE sheet of paper, front and back if you wish, printed out and mailed in with your name, location, and SASE. Watch the video!

Here, in S.A.'s words on the submission site:

Currently seeking international submissions of poetry to place inside the converted bomb. One submission per person, please! Subs must be flat and NO BIGGER than 8.5x11 inches. That means that your sub can be smaller than 8.5x11, but no bigger. Text/image on one or both sides.

If you are writing in any language that is not english, it would be nice if your native language were on one side of the piece and a possible english translation were on the other. I do plan on reading some of submissions at each and every stop along the tour.

If you expect to get anything back, please send with s.a.s.e. to:

S.A. Griffin
P.O. Box 29171
Los Angeles, Ca. 90029-0171

I will not accept any submissions that advocate or are violent in statement or purpose.

If your submission is kept for inclusion inside the belly of the bomb, obviously you will not be getting it back. I will have one time rights to publish your work in hardcopy form. Upon publication, all rights will revert to the authors. If you do not wish to see your work published and only wish for it to exist inside the bomb, please let me know.

In regards to the s.a.s.e, I would like to send something back to everyone who submits, but only if you send an s.a.s.e (stamped self addressed envelope) along with your submission.

I am not accepting electronic submissions, only hard copy. I want to know that you took the time to create it, and that you have actually handled the piece yourself. That it is something personal. I also do not have the time or the money to be reproducing things on my end, ink is expensive. I'm already spending time and money converting the bomb and documenting the entire thing. So please, no electronic submissions.

No comments: