Thursday, June 01, 2006

A short note...

Today was dental day and the shots for deadening put me into lala land with my chemical sensitivities so I'm sleeping off and on and hoping to feel normal again soon.

In the meantime, today is the funeral of Michael Parker's grandfather. If you know Michael, or even if you don't, take time to read the obituary and eulogy he posted on his site. Michael has been a good friend to me.

Michael, whenever you return, know my thoughts are with you today as are the thoughts of so many others.

Pris

6 comments:

polona said...

Pris, sorry about your condition, wish you a speedy recovery.

my condolences also to Michael, though i don't know him.

Pris said...

Hi Polona
I'm slowly feeling a little more human. Thanks.

I know Michael will welcome your message when he sees the blog. Michael is columnist for MiPo magazine and, besides being an excellent writer, he does a lot of movie and music reviews on his site. Well worth a look see when you have time.

Arlene said...

hope you feel better soon, pris. don't you sort of miss those days when they used laughing gas? hugs at ya!

my condolences to michael. glad the memorial and service went well.

best,
arlene

Pris said...

Hi Arlene
A few dentists do use it, but I'm so chem sensitive that it doesn't help me the way it did when I used it a few times pre-cfids. Then, it was nice:-) Now it just gives me a headache, like most chemicals. I am indeed the canary in the birdcage, I'm convinced. Those of us with multiple chemical sensitities are probably the forerunners of more, given the stuff in our food, the air, everywhere. Sigh.

And Michael,
More hugs.

Pat Paulk said...

Pris, hope you're feeling better today. I remember when "chemicals" were the apple of the day. Take care!

Pris said...

Thanks, Pat
Now we have to peel that apple to eat it:-)