Tuesday, February 26, 2008

They're doing our floors...

The dog and I are ensconsed on the other side of the house in the den while they rip up filthy, stained carpet almost 25 years old out of this side of the house to put down laminate. I'm hopeful this will also help a major allergy problem. I keep hearing all sorts of good feedback from people that getting carpet up helped their allergies in a major way. Cross your fingers. It's extra nice when the thing that may help is something you like, too. I was raised in a house with hardwood floors and ,while those are unaffordable, these look like the real thing to me.

Below is a shot of the floor going into the living room at the front of the house. The dining room is literally stacked with furniture from the living room. Today they're coming down the hall into the closets and the master bedroom. It's gonna look gorgeous!

At any rate, I'm on and off of the computer briefly till this is done.



EDIT:

The floors are finished as of Thursday. The office is being painted this weekend so a lot of things are still lying around until that's done, but here's a shot of one clear place at the street end of the living room.

6 comments:

Russell Ragsdale said...

Hi Pris. It looks great. You're going to love it!

DeadMule said...

Very pretty. We put laminate flooring in our kitchen a couple of years ago. I like it. We plan to put in the living room later.

But I still want carpet - new carpet (We now have the twenty-five year old stuff, too.) - upstairs. Guess I'm stuck in the 60s. I want that carpet that's so plush you can loose your whole foot in it, not the Berber stuff that's all the rage now and looks like you could sweep it.

Monique said...

Can't see the picture but I KNOW it will look great because we have done the exact same thing a few years ago.

First the conservatory, then the kitchen and lastly the hallway and lounge and it is fabulous.

I sweep it every day with a dry mop which takes all the dust (and cat fir) away and, Priss, you will be surprised to find what you have swept up. And all that stayed behind in the carpet! Yikes!

I'm also soooo pleased that you are better.

Hug

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

My fingers are crossed. And it does look great!

Collin Kelley said...

They do look nice. I love hardwood floors.

Pris said...

Thanks. I love them already. Monique, I bought a robot vacuum cleaner since I can't do it myself and already had been amazed what came up from the carpet in just two days time. Steve dry mopped the floor (can't use wet on laminate) Thursday when they finished and I ran the Roomba again this morning. It was PACKED with dust and animal hair.

Helen, I love a soft carpet, too, but with my allergies....