Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Dr Robert Keller, R.I.P.
I received an email yesterday that Dr Robert Keller, the first doctor to finally help me with CFIDS and my doctor for 8 years before he first dropped Medicare, then closed his practice, died on Friday of a long illness. I knew that he left for health reasons but privacy is a huge thing so I didn't know it was terminal. This has been a huge shock. He was a brilliant doctor, knowledgeable, and very good with his patients.
A small part of an online resume for Dr Keller includes:
* a triple board certified physician
* Named as one of the 2000 Outstanding Scientists of the Century
* Elected to the Board of Governors of the American Academy of HIV Medicine of the State of Florida
* Serves on the National Practice Committee
* The Consumer's Research Council of America has named him as one of the Top Physicians in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 in the fields of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Hematology; he is featured in the: “Guide to America’s Top Physicians”
* In 1995 he founded Immune Balance Technologies. IBT develops technologies to modulate the human immune system, to treat disease, preserve wellness & reverse the aging process
* Over the last twenty years Dr. Keller has been involved in scientific research in both Immunology and Hematology
* Dr. Keller also treats patients with immune dysfunction through his medical practice The KBK Institute, a state of the art medical clinic for the cutting edge treatment of patients afflicted with chronic illnesses including: HIV, Hemophilia, Hepatitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Autoimmune diseases, pre and post Cancer care, chronic neurogenerative diseases and aging – which we view as a disease.
God speed, Dr Keller. Know that you made a difference!
EDIT: One of the comments indicated that the cause of death for Dr. Keller was Amyloidosis, a progressive, incurable, metabolic disease characterized by abnormal deposits of protein in one or more organs or body systems. I googled this and the cause is unknown except genetic factors seem to play a role.
Numerous people have visited, and still visit, my blog based on a search for Dr Keller and his cause of death. If you have a google account and can post, please do so. He touched so many lives, including mine.
Product comments have been deleted.
***********NOTE: See my blog of March 11, 2010. DR KELLER NOW HAS A PAGE ON FACEBOOK, STARTED THE DAY BEFORE BY HIS DAUGHTER. MY MARCH 11 POST GIVES A LINK TO THE PAGE.