Wednesday, November 05, 2008

WHHOOOOOO WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Obama has won!!!

For one of the many good articles on his victory, read Michael Moore: Pinch Me

I'm overwelmed. I attended King's I Have a Dream speech in Washington, went through integration with my father as superintendant, remember the assasinations, the death of the Civil Rights workers. I still remember the Whites Only signs from my rural southern childhood, the separate seating in movies, separate waiting rooms at the doctor's office. This is an amazing day for us as a country, aside from any other political issues.

I think the Elvis song two posts down speaks well, too, to the above victory.

6 comments:

DeadMule said...

This is a great day for America. The cloud has been lifted, and we see the sun. Let the healing begin.

Anonymous said...

May God Bless and guide your new president...

Monique said...

I'm absolutely delighted Pris. Hurray for America, Well done all of you.

Annie Wicking said...

Now the world can breath one again and dream of a brighter future. Your journey has began and we the world will follow you.

Best wishes my dear friend

Annie

Collin Kelley said...

I'm so thrilled that it's all over and that the work of rebuilding this country will soon begin. We can and we did!

Jim K. said...

After 8 years
tomorrow has arrived
in a brilliant package.