Saturday, August 11, 2007

Six Billion Others

On this amazing and moving site, already thousands of brief statements have been recorded on subjects such as joy, fears, dreams and the recording continues. All statements are shot in close face in the speaker's native language, with the translation in the language you choose to the side. I come to this site from time to time and watch several at a time it interests me so. More than anything, it shows us that, indeed, we are part of one family, each of us not so different from the other in the things that are important to us.

Six Billion Others

The following is a screen shot from this site of a man from Rhodesia in his thirties. He's quite a person. An avid sailor, he was in a car accident, losing the use of his legs, but continues to sail in a wheelchair.


And here's another participant, speaking of marriage.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pris
Thanks for posting this;some of the stories
are heart-searingly moving.
Euan
(In Alba)

Pris said...

Aren't ehse stories moving and wonderful?? I'm so glad I found this site.

Annie Wicking said...

Wow, Thank you so much for find this... I could dip into this everyday and still not have enough time to listen to them all. I hope you don't mind but I shall put a link on my blog too.

Best wishes

Annie

Pris said...

Annie pls do...this deserves to be passed around, doesn't it??

Unknown said...

I've passed this on to others. Thanks Pris. Hope you're keeping well. It's a while since I dropped in. Your blog is as thought-provoking as ever. Thanks again!

Brian Campbell said...

Fantastic site. A lot of them don't have time to say much -- but what great faces! These tell a tale.

Pris said...

Aren't they wonderful? I can get lost in this site!