Sunday, July 30, 2006

Smithsonian's People's Choice Portrait Competition

I love seeing portraits of people, whether painted or photographed. The winners have been chosen in the Smithsonian portrait competiton, which are photographs. Now, however, if you click on the portrait of your choice, the People's Choice Award will also be noted. The instructions are clear. Go HERE to the Smithsonian site. I've made my choice. I liked the one the judges chose as number three.

If you like, post the portrait title of your first choice in a comment.

2 comments:

GEL said...

Hi Pris,

I, too, adore portrait work from both sides: artist and viewer.

My old website is currently a mishmash with poetry that became "unformatted" into ghoulash with all the words running together. This happened when I tried to import those posts to my new blog. :(

However, there are photos and artwork on the site you visited. http://silvermoon18.blogspot.com.

Additionally, I do have one poem up on my new website, illustrated by one of my pastel paintings, and a photo album of sky photography of mine posted. Those are here:
http://ShadowsintheMoonlight.typepad.com

I've decided to repost past poetry because the import feature made the font too tiny for readers or the colors too light.

Also, I visited your link to your work and read your poem "Innocence" illustrated by Gustav K. an artist whose work I've always been drawn to. I'll return there to read more of your poetry soon, but I'm east coast and it's near 3 a.m.

Pris said...

I just found this comment..didn't get a notification, for some reason. I look forward to spending more time on your blog, too. I have a health thing to do tomorrow, but I'll be back!!

Pris